Monday, August 20, 2007

Bioshock Demo

Bioshock


(PC DEMO REVIEW)

The Good:

- Presentation: the world, the characters, the story, the setting; they were all interesting.

- The enemies are real people, not clones; they had conversations with each other; they had lives and problems before I decided to hack away at their guts. It almost makes you sorry for killing them.

- You have weapons - you have plasmids - you have enemies - and then you have the enviroment - Each of the four is a variable in an equation that you have to write in every combat encounter. How do you evaulate the answer? That's up for you to decide.

- The enviroment didn't have random junk lying around for you to walk over and pick up. You had to search the place and press use to pick stuff up.


The Bad:

- I thought it was kind of illogical that your plane happens to crash right in the middle of the giant atlantic ocean within 50 feet of a mystical tower that happens to descend into an underwater metropolis. I also thought it was awkward that there was an invisible wall in the ocean ten feet away from the tower so I couldn't swim away, and that the horizon was way too low making the scene look fake.

- I remember in one room there was about twenty things that I could pickup and I just picked up everything having no idea what each did. It was almost like a bad adventure game.

- I didn't get to fight a Big Daddy? : (



The Ugly:

- Scripted sequences no longer make me go "Ooh! Aah!" I lost that after playing Half-Life 2. Now whenever a plane crashes or a pipe breaks, or a door explodes, I just say, "That's nice developers, but I know that's a scripted sequence! I'm not impressed!"

BioShock Demo:
8.5 / 10.0

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12/21/2021 8:43 AM, Anonymous John said...

Good rreading your post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home