Saturday, July 07, 2007

Psycho

I watched about 90% of it (unfortunately missing the last 10% due to loud noises and food distractions) and I must say, it was a good movie.


Even though it's famous, I was almost expecting it to be bad. I liked North by Northwest only for the first half, and then the second half got boring. The Man Who Knew Too Much was a little too far-fetched for me, even though it has one good scene. But I was quite surprised at how interesting Psycho was, and how much story there was to it. I thought it was just about some murder in a hotel, but the story is about five layers deeper than that.


I also expected it to be a horror story, but it was more of a psychological thriller/mystery, which I very much enjoyed.


The screenplay was also interesting. There is the main character who runs away with the money, but then decides to give it back while meeting a complex and interesting character at a motel. Then suddenly the main character dies leaving me wondering who will take over the story. The new main characters are introduced trying to solve the murder, and then you are taken by suspense of them being in constant danger.

All of the characters seem unique and real, and every scene seems perfectly made.


Overall, it was the best of the Hitchcock movies I have seen so far.


PSYCHO:
9.0 / 10.00
Just watch it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home