24 Plot Guide
The 10 Step Plot Guide to 24
1) The beginning of the season introduces the characters and the threat. Threat: (Bombs, asassinations, viruses, nuclear missiles, kidnapped people, or any other random terrorist threat) Jack will decide to neutralize it because he always promised to quit CTU the season before.
2) At least 3 new characters join the cast. At least 1 will be a mole.
2-A) Have at least 2-4 side-stories going on that have nothing to do with the main plot, or slowly have something to do with the plot.
3) To find the threat, Jack must chase after his first suspect and then interrogate him afterwards.
4) Repeat # 3 until it leads to the first target or group of suspects. Commence action sequence. Jack almost captures the lead bad guy, but then the bad guy gets away.
5) Update the threat or change the threat by this time.
6) Have a shocking twist for the first 1/3 of the season. Kill off ____, Destroy location _____, and/or _____ is a mole.
7) Repeat steps # 2-A through # 6 for the next part of the season. Change the threat, have some action scenes, introduce new moles, have a shocking political scandal, and reveal a higher level bad guy who was in charge of the current bad guy.
8) The last 3rd of the season will have the final threat and the final bad guys going down for a showdown. More shocking interrogation scenes and kill off more of the main cast.
9) The final showdown will be full of action. It will seem like the problem is solved with 40 minutes left in the show, when suddenly there is a shocking TWIST. Then right before the show ends, there is another twist if the first twist was not satisfying enough.
10) Cut to next season. Add/change the characters, bad guys, objectives, and Jack's current predicament. Repeat the ten steps over and over for 5 seasons.
Viewers will increase every season, guranteed.